Followers

Monday, June 13, 2011

HappiLeigh Scrappin Embossing Challenge


This week's challenge was set by
Happi Sister, Stef. 
Stef has taken a leave right now,
but we kept the challenge she was going to host.


Now I am not going to lie to you.
This challenge has scared me
since it went into the schedule. 
I don't have any embossing powders,
No embossing machine, etc.
What on earth was going to do??

I was given a ton of suggestions from friends
and I thank every one of them
for the wonderful suggestions.

In the end, I did 2 things.
First I used my Scor Pal
and scored lines up and down,
across,
and diagonally each way. 
Than to bring the the lines out more,
I washed it all with green alcohol ink.

Than to make it look like embossing,
I used my Glaze pen
on the Happy Birthday. 

I used white tear drop pearls
and applied blue alcohol ink on them
to make them look more like water droplets. 

Here is my card...



Now remember,
you can use any image in this challenge
BUT if you use a HappiLeigh image,
you get 2 entries in the drawing.

Leigh has a great deal this month.
Purchase anything in the store
and you will receive a free
4th of July set!!
I can't wait to use it myself.

Hope to see your embossing creation!!

Hugs, love and prayers
Chris

2 comments:

  1. Just lovely, Chris! I really like your water drops!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because of you I bought a few of the Happileigh stamps! Such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete