Followers

Monday, February 13, 2012

Digi Darla Design Team Challenge

Due to some things going on personally in my life, I had to take a leave of absent.
But I'm Back on...

Design Team

The new challenge is
Anything but Snow

Normally this time of the year I would say...I truly wish for anything but snow.  BUT we have had record breaking high temps.  This is the mildest of winters I have even seen.  Having grown up in Northern New York and then moving to Michigan, I have enough snow.  Around my house it is one of them four letter dirty words.  It is nice to be so warm this time of the year.  BUT I am waiting for the other shoe to drop...can it stay this nice the rest of the winter?? 


For this card, I used Digi Darla's Timmy the Turtle. I put my new corner round punch to work and used a scalloped circle 'Nestie' cut on my Cricut with the image and sentiment.  The flower is several layers of fabric petals.  I cut some leaves the Cricut as well.  Then added a couple of stick pins.  Since I put the buttons in the corner with the Butterfly button (from Pizzazz Aplenty) I used a button as at the center of the flower. 


I thought this image screamed 'under the weather'.  I find when I need a Get Well or Sympathy card, I don't have one I can grab.  I might go back and add some Glossy Effects to the rain drops and water puddles.  The challenge runs from today, Feburary 13, 2012 till February 26, 2012.

This week's Digi Darla newsletter will feature a new artist, Dearie Dolls.  She has a couple of images that fit the "Anything but Snow" challange theme.  Here is what I did with one of those images. 


Such a cute image, isn't it?  Certainly am daydreaming about spring weather here.  I went with shades of brown in the paper and then popped some color into the image.  The brown colors kinda remind me of this time of the year.  The trees aren't budding and coming to life yet.  We have no snow.  And boy did it get cold.  LOL. 

Hope to see your project.  :)

This card was entered in Phindy's Place Challenge...Round round
Hugs, love and prayers
Chris

5 comments:

  1. Love what you did with your Timmy card - it's the perfect sentiment!!! Love the sentiment on your second card too - very fitting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute cards--love the images and the colors work great together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very lovely card.great flower with stick pins.love the colors.i too wish for spring.tfs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab cards, love the sentiment on the first one. Thanks for joining us at Phindys Place this week...

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh these are just so precious!
    thanks so much for playing with us at Phindy's Place (-:

    ReplyDelete