Followers

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Delightful Challenges...Distressed

Time for another challenge at 

The challenge is
 Distressed

Distress it,
Grunge it,
Rough it up.

 This week's sponsor is...


Now I am the first one to tell you
I don't do distressed.
But that is what challenges are, right?
To reach out of your comfort zone.

As always when I have a new design team project,
I go looking through the Digital Delights images.
See what speaks to me.
When I saw Handy Harry,
I knew he was the image I wanted.
I mean look at him, 
he's so cute.
And if I am gonna distress a card,
I need some help.
And a mouse with a tool kit 
seemed like just the help I needed.

Then there is the matter of a sentiment.
As a design team member,
we use only Digital Delight's sentiments.
So I went through the sentiments
I knew just which sentiment from the set to use!!

Here is my card...


I colored the image with
Copic Markers
B05, C5, E000, E00, E11, E25, E31, E33, E37, R02, R20, R29, Y13, Y28, YG17. 100
And Gel pens in
silver, gold, and white.

I did a fussy cut to Harry.

I used my SpellBinder Grand Calibur
and the Big Scalloped Rectangles SM for the mat
behind Harry.
I crumbled the mat up,
I chalked the edges of.
 the mat, the card, and the sentiment
with 
French Blue 
Color Box Chalk. 

The paper was from a huge pile of paper
I received from a Freecycler
when I first started cardmaking.

The brads are from Recollections
and I took a nail file and roughed them up.

The only thing I own that
 is actually a distressed embellishment
is 
Clear Rock Candy Stickles.
It was a gift.
So I knew I had to use it somewhere.
So I put a drop on each of the scallops
on Harry's mat. 

Of course I used my
We R Memories
Envelope Punch Board
and matching paper
and made an envelope.
Now I use a slightly different size
than the board states
for a 4.25" x 5.5" card.
I cut my paper to 8" x 8"
and score at 3.5".

I would have to say
I distressed it.
I grunged it.
And I roughed it up!!

Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Chris! I know how hard it was for you to distress your card, and it looks great! I like that you have carried the distressing out all over your card - in colors and crumples! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did indeed do all those things and your card is fabulous as a result. I love your story and thinking behind the card's creation almost as much as I love the card.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it hun, great papers & I love the matching envie!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete