Followers

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Light Box

A while back I was chatting with some friends over on Crafter's Digital Art Center (have I told you lately how much I love CDAC) how pictures of our cards don't look as good as the cards do IRL (in real life). Well the talk then turned to cameras and light boxes and a website was given on how to make an inexpensive light box. It looked fairly easy and I know my dear sweet hubby could put something together like this, so I mentioned it to him. He said, sure, as long as he had the directions. So off I went, pulled the site up, hit print, stapled it and put it by his chair to read. He said it wouldn't be a problem. Of course small pushes were needed, but he did it. Here is the picture.



Told I share my room with storage. LOL. The most expensive part is the clamp light. All of $7. Box was free. Larry gave up a white T-shirt...such a sweetie. The display easel is from the dollar store. The had 4 and I couldn't make up my mind, so Larry said just take all 4 will ya. Ok no problem. LOL.

This is the first picture I took using the light box...then realized I needed to take care of the inside of the box.



There is a better picture after putting the white paper on the inside of the box. Of course I was off center, but I needed to get going and I still have a few things I am need to work out. But even at this, the pictures are much better. I hope I have inspired you! If I can do this, so can you.



5 comments:

  1. This is absolutely fabulous girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! Looks great! And what professional photos you will be able to take!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY it looks great.. he did a great job. I love that clamp light idea.. will have to look into getting one of those.

    I always have to crop my pics afterward to so you can't see the side of the box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet thing for your hubby to do! I'm glad you got your light box and the card is great!!!

    ReplyDelete