Followers

Monday, September 2, 2013

Monday Hostess at Digital Delights by Louby Loo


Each Monday a member of the design team
becomes hostess of the week
for Digital Delights by Louby Loo.

This is my week to be hostess.

What does a hostess do?
Well we take some of the products from
and create a project...
giving the details of exactly how we do our project.

My project today is 
A pop up card
with an envelope to fit it.

I made a similar card my first month on the design team.
I was asked a number of times...
how did you make that??
So it seemed like the prefect project as hostess.  
The pop card is a Digital Delights' product 
found HERE

I also used..

To start with,
I printed four pages of the
Kids Fall
Kids Fall is one of the eight papers included in this pack.
I open the paper in Open Office (a free word processing program).
I move the margins to the edges of paper.
But it still prints with a small margin.



Next I cut the pop up card on my Cricut using Sure Cuts A Lot.


I then scored and fold the larger piece at
1/2"
2 1/2"
3 1/2"
7 1/2"
8 1/2"
10 1/2"


Next I add Scor-Tape to each end of the larger piece. 


Then I removed the liner to the Scor Tape, Put the smaller piece of paper
through the slot in the lager piece and in between the ends of the larger piece.

Here is a side view to show this...

Now I am sure you noticed the ends aren't even.  
The cut piece is suppose to be 11",
I didn't have the paper in the exact place....
so this is a lesson that it doesn't have to be perfect!!
It still works.  

Here is the front view....already for decorating.


My Favorite new tool is 
the We R Memories 
Envelope Punch Board



I love making cards and envelopes with matching paper.  
This card is 4 1/4" x 7"
which requires paper cut to 9 1/4" x 9 1/4" 
and scored at 3 3/4".
I can only print paper 8.5" x 11"  :(
So I am using some patterned paper from 
Me and My Big Ideas.

Here is the envelope after punching and scoring...


Notice the bottom when folded up, 
is very high.
I cut it off...on this size, I cut off
1 1/2".

Here is the finished envelope
 

Now for the complete project....





I colored the images with Copic Markers
E000, E00,E21, E25, E31, E33, R20, 100.

The mat behind the images are Spellbinder's Nestabilities 
Big Scalloped Rectangles SM.
The edges of the mats are chalked with ColorBox
Yellow Citrus Chalk.

The brown ribbon was from Micheal's.  

The dots on the top of box and corners of the mat
are Dark Chocolate Liquid Pearls.

 Not only will these be Thanksgiving cards,
but they are something that can be displayed 
every fall..
so much more than a greeting card.



No comments:

Post a Comment