Followers

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Crafter's Digital Art Center Challenges




Now ya'll know I love challenges. Did you know every month Crafter's Digital Art Center (CDAC) has challenges? Five challenges a month!! Five challenges all listed in one place on the main page and that isn't talking the challenges the artists have themselves. There is a challenge wall where you can feel a bunch of challenges listed by weekdays.


I worked on 2 challenges this weekend. Oh how I wish I was like Theresa who could crank out a bunch of cards!!!!


The first is the color challenge. We were supplied with the super cute snowman digi from Jane at Stamping Bee (gotta love freebie digi's) and told we could only use the colors white, blue and grey. Well you know me. I push the rules a bit and used several shades of blue. Pop a brad on his nose, used the Cricut and cut some snowflakes, added a quick sentiment and did my ribbon flower with a white brad. Now how cute is that.


The second is the sketch challenge. We were again supplied with a lovely digi of granny and showing off her holiday spirit from Toni at The Digi Shack (another free digi). And as always with sketch challenges we were given a sketch to inspire us. Well I decided since granny was in the spirit and love the glitter (after all I am a GlitterBug...although this isn't a GlitterBabe challenge) I would glitter this card up big time. Granny's hat apron, cupcakes, shoes, and slip (yes even her undergarments) and the 3 flakes (again I used my Cricut) are Stickled!!



Now I am sure ya'll wonder what happened with me and 365 Cards. Well they did a week of Vintage. I know challenges are about getting us to do something we don't normally do and I did Sunday's Vintage sketch, but I don't have the supplies for Vintage and much rather focus my money on things I do enjoy so I opted out of this past week's 365 Cards. I am now taking on a Christmas project for gifts to some fellow bowlers so I may not get back to 365 Cards till after the holidays. We will have to see how things go.

1 comment: